Our Work / Our Approach
Provide leaders with “what works” high-impact science-driven policy strategies to reduce healthcare costs and improve the health, well-being and productivity of their people.
Educating and providing government agencies and policymakers with context-specific, tested, and proven policies that have the greatest impact on specific health outcomes for youth through our:
- Access: Through our trusted relationships and networks, we are in a position to secure and facilitate nonpartisan conversations at top levels of national government – allowing us to inform leaders of targeted, high-impact, science-driven policies.
- Bridge (Uncommon Policy Tables): Our unique role allows us to build bridges between policy-makers across political and ideological divides – where traditional policy advocacy organizations often struggle, have competing agendas or are not coordinating efforts and combining resources. We are considered a trusted and impartial entity — able to facilitate conversations where needed. In the United States for example, our recent and successful behind-the-scenes work on T21 (increasing the purchase age of tobacco products to 21 years old) demonstrates we can bring together the key stakeholders, and then facilitate the right conversations leading to high-impact policy decisions and changes.
- Policy Platform – “What Works Clearinghouse”: The Clearinghouse will serve as a trusted source for national and state/provincial-level policymakers and their staffs – providing a robust set of evidence-based strategies to reduce healthcare costs and improve the health, well-being and productivity of communities – along with specific guidance for implementation.
Providing local communities with the tools, localized data, and knowledge needed to drive deep and sustained impact through our:
- Bridge: We are building a unique data engine and platform that systematically enables diverse stakeholders in any community to access, visualize and understand the granular, real-world data of their specific location. These insights will help both local policymakers and practitioners to better prioritize and establish health goals, facilitate the deployment of limited health resources to areas of greatest need, track progress, and even incorporate learnings from other similar communities.
- Policy Platform – “What Works” Clearinghouse”: The Clearinghouse will serve as a trusted source for all types of local-level policy making that influences health outcomes of a community, especially young and at-risk individuals. Our local strategy not only covers policy-making in the public sphere, but in the private and civil society sectors as well – including, for example, counties and municipalities, employers of youth, schools, health providers, NGOs and faith based organizations. This tool identifies and curates programs, messaging, interventions and resources to encourage local adoption of proven, science-based policies – as well as tested social media micro-influencer messaging strategies to be used locally to support these efforts.